J Herbin Assorted Nibs (Box of 8)
Beautiful box from J Herbin containing eight assorted nibs (two of each of four types) for use with a nib holder. When combined with a holder, these dip pens can be used as traditional writing implements for Drawing, Calligraphy and applying Acrylic Inks.
The four nib types contained within are; 2x Steno nib - Short hand, very fine, high elasticity, high ink capacity. 2x 0.3mm Cito fein nib - very fine, half elastic, precise writing. 2x 1mm Banzung nib - Square, for rounded (italic/gothic/roman) writing, with ink reservoir. 2x 3mm Banzung nib - Square, for rounded (italic/gothic/roman) writing, with ink reservoir.
Please note: you will need to prepare the nibs before you use them. Please see the instructions under the Additional Details tab below.
- Matchbox-style packaging containing eight nibs
- Four different nibs, two of each
- Fit standard nib-holders
What we like about this product:
- The box is very pretty
- Good with the inks that aren't suitable for fountain pens
- Additional Details
You need to clean calligraphy nibs before use.
If you try to dip the nib, ink will glide away and pen will not write. The reason behind this is the manufacturing oils which are used to prevent nibs from rusting.
Here are few quick steps which will help you get started:
- Prep the nib
- It is important to remove the oils first, so the ink will stick to the nib.
- You can stick the nib in a potato for few minutes, use toothpaste and old toothbrush to brush the oils off or use a lighter and burn the oil off. Please be extra careful when using the last method, do not hold the nib in hand, use pliers or tweezers.
- Clean the nib with water, dry after using cloth or paper towel.
- We recommend using calligraphy ink. Fountain pen ink may be too runny. Dip the pen often.
- When you're finished writing, be sure to clean the nib with water again and dry it off completely to prevent rusting.
Any problems, we are happy to help so contact us email@example.com or 020 8834 4700
- Delivery Info
We offer free UK delivery over £20 - please choose the SAVER delivery option at the checkout. Below £20 this delivery option will cost £2.50.
Within the UK we offer a range of delivery options including guaranteed next-working-day services if you order before 1pm. Please click here to see all our UK delivery options.
For overseas orders we use Airmail postage to a range of countries. The price is calculated according to the weight of your order. International delivery is available to about 50 countries - these will be listed at checkout and also in the shipping estimater in the shopping basket. Please click here to see about our international deliveries.
- Returns Info
We offer a 'no quibble' returns policy. If you are not happy with your product then you can return it for a full refund. Please click here to see our full returns policy and how to return something for a refund.
- Product Questions